Would you like to visit a city?
Not far from Brixen you find several lovely cities. 12 km further there is the charming and sophisticated Kitzbühel with the famous casino and the historic buildings with luxuory shops. Here they organize the worldknown Hahnenkammrennen.
Within an hour you are in Innsbruck that lies between the mountains. For cultural events this is the place to be. Salzburg is also easy to reach. You will be stunned by this amazing city of Mozart with its fortress. Also Kufstein, Rattenberg and Munich are definetly worth a visit.
In and around Brixen there is a lot to discover:
- Brennerei Erber: the oldest distillery in Tirol
- Traditional cheesemaking
- Wildpark Aurach where you can witness the feeding
- Wave Wörgler Wasserwelt
- Adventure playgrounds for kids in the mountains (see Page Families with children)
- The music nights on wednesday and friday in summer
- Schau Zuichi farmers market in Westendorf
- And ofcourse our wonderful nature
Special day trips:
- Grossglockner Hochalpenstraße
- Krimmler Wasserfälle: the highest waterfalls in Europe
- Eisriesenwelt Werfen: the highest ice caves in the world
- Salzwelten Hallein: the oldest saltworks in the world